I love getting to know my clients. It is such an fun part of the senior photography process, and it is absolutely necessary if I am going to provide you with portraits that are truly personalized to you. One of the ways that I get to know my clients is through the pre-session planning consultation. We will meet at the studio in Vancouver a few weeks prior to the photo shoot and discuss all kinds of information to make you excited and comfortable about your custom portrait session. It will typically take about 45-minutes, and appointments are available weekdays, evenings, and some weekends.
What will we talk about?
- Your personality, your hobbies, what makes you awesome and unique.
- The theme or mood that you would like to convey in your senior pictures…rustic? urban/city? beachy? feminine? sporty?
- The perfect location for your pictures. I have lots of options to suggest, and also love to hear any new spots you may have in mind.
- Outfits ideas and clothing tips for your shoot.
- Hair and make-up planning.
- How to prepare for the shoot and how to feel comfortable with the camera.
- Details about any products that you and your parents might be interested in (albums, canvas, prints, etc.)
- Any questions you have about the entire process!
Why you’ll love the pre-session consultation:
- You get a chance to meet me, so I’m not a stranger when we get together for your session.
- You have the opportunity to have your voice and ideas heard, and your parents will get a chance to share their goals for the session as well.
- After our meeting you will be more comfortable and confident about the entire photography experience.
- Most people have never been the model for a photo shoot before, and most people aren’t really good at something they have never tried before. Talking about the process beforehand will help you understand and prepare for the session, maximizing your chances of having an awesome experience the first time.
Sometimes clients are unable to meet for a pre-session consultation, due to schedule conflicts, distance, or other factors. If that’s the case, don’t worry- we can do your planning via phone, email, and/or an online questionnaire.