The big day is here! Since we will have met and planned all the details of your shoot at your pre-session consultation, you will have an idea of what to expect. But even if you’re prepared, I know you can still be nervous! Don’t worry at all. I’ll do my best to give you lots of ideas and directions throughout your session to help you feel at ease. I will coach you along and make you feel comfortable and confident. This is your time to shine!
We’ll meet at your designated location at your session start time, or at the studio if you have booked a session that includes hair and makeup. My assistant will likely also be accompanying us…she will hold the reflector, adjust lights, refine poses, and help you with whatever you may need. Of course you are also encouraged to bring along a parent and/or friend to assist you with clothing, and to help you relax and enjoy the process.
We will spend as much time that is needed to create a variety of amazing images that you can select from. I allow time for everyone to get organized and make any clothing adjustments before beginning your session. Once you are comfortable and ready to be photographed, we will work quickly moving from one shot to the next. I strive to get as much variety in your session as I can, but never make you feel rushed. The time allowed for photographing your senior session will depend on the type of experience you choose to have, ranging from 1-3+ hours. But I’m not a super-stickler for time…if we’re in the middle of shooting a great set, we’ll take the time we need to finish up. Capturing great images that you will love is my goal, not watching the clock! Please don’t hesitate to ask along the way if you have any special poses or see any great spots…I love hearing your ideas and will incorporate whatever we can!
After we’ve gotten all those amazing shots, we’ll say goodbye and you’ll be given an estimated date that your images will be ready. You’ll get an email from the studio a few days after your session to schedule and exact day and time for your reveal and ordering session.
Some other things to keep in mind the day of your shoot:
- Get a good night’s sleep! Everyone is usually filled with anticipation the day prior to being photographed, but try to get plenty of shut-eye. It will make a big difference in your photos, I promise!
- Press your clothing and bring all your outfits on hangers – not in a bag! If you can see wrinkles or lint in real-life, you’ll be able to see them in your photos, so be prepared with clean, un-rumpled clothes.
- Clean and organize any props such as sports equipment or instruments.
- If you are wearing high-heels in your photos, please bring along a comfortable pair of shoes as well. We may be walking quite a bit, or climbing on rocks, and a twisted ankle is the last thing we want!
- Bring a water bottle, and even snacks if you’d like. Especially with our longer sessions, it can be a long day.
See lots more info on session preparation and what to expect in my FAQs here: http://www.mariephamphotography.com/seniors/faqs/